Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food. - Hippocrates
I have a very exciting new software program that I am using in the office. It can provide a tremendous amount of information about what foods to emphasize, and which to limit or avoid, depending on your particular health issues, goals, choices and sensitivities. Let me explain.
When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need. - Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb
I input the following, based on our sessions:
- Food allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances
- Any desired limitations on toxins and junk food
- Conditions, Symptoms and Diagnoses: for instance, acne, asthma, colitis, diabetes, constipation, bleeding gums, joint pain, low libido or fertility issues, anxiety, etc.
- We can also modify to emphasize foods with more fiber, higher alkalinity, lower or higher calories, fewer phytoestrogens, more anti-oxidants, etc.
- We can modify to either increase or decrease any vitamin, mineral or fat.
Let nothing which can be treated by diet be treated by other means. - Maimonides
What you receive is a list of four different categories of food:
- foods that are ideal,
- foods to avoid,
- foods that are neutral, and
- foods that you should eat with caution.
If you have any questions about why something ended up in a particular category, the program provides an explanation.
He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician. - Chinese Proverb
I am very happy to incorporate this additional guidance and information into my sessions. Please let me know if you are interested in having me run this program for you as part of our work together.