These brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and quite yummy!
4 T walnut, grapeseed, or warmed coconut oil
2/3 c xylitol (of course you could use sugar if you like)
½ c cold water, or unsweetened almond or coconut milk (either plain or vanilla)
1 t vanilla
1 c sorghum flour (rice flour or a gluten-free flour mix will also work)
Note: You can replace 1/2 of the grain flour with almond flour (You can grind raw almonds, or even walnuts or hazelnuts, in a VitaMix if you don’t have flour on hand.) I find the nut flour keeps them from being so dry, and adds nutritional value as well.
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t baking powder
2 T Walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Combine oil with xylitol, water, and vanilla
3) Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
4) Coat the bottom of small baking pan with oil or non-stick spray and pour in batter
5) Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean
6) Cool completely before cutting into bars
Do not overbake!
3 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Xylitol Brownies”
The second step is melting butter, however, I don’t see butter listed in ingredients so how much do we use?
oops, sorry, I subbed the oils for the butter, as these are dairy free and vegan. You could use butter instead of the oils if you like.
Comments are closed.