“I’m not at all suggesting that hot flashes are manifestations of depression, but they’re both brain-related phenomena, and depression is also more common in the same groups,”
Well here is what I suggest: that both depression and hormonal issues are – at least in large part – manifestations of imbalances that can be addressed successfully using nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Having been trained by two of the top female hormone doctors in the country (Dr Sara Gottfried and Dr Diana Schwarzbein), I have found that about 95% of women will be able to re-balance their hormones naturally using the following 5 step program:
- Identify and eliminate food sensitivities, and balance macro-nutrients appropriately (protein, fat, carbs)
- Lower toxic burden with elimination and detox
- Implement some stress management techniques
- Improve quality and quantity of sleep
- Utilize hormonally appropriate exercise
Does that sound like a lot of trouble? Perhaps, but I can’t imagine that it’s more trouble than 14 years of hot flashes disrupting your life. And there are so many other benefits besides: women who come through this program feel great and look great as they age, with more energy, great skin, better body composition, fewer aches and pains and no brain fog.
For more help with your hormonal issues at any stage of life, please contact me. I would love to help.