What is more valuable than health and vitality? They make everything else possible.
Here are 10 gifts from my practice, in a price range from very little to extravagant, to support the health of your loved ones through the holidays and beyond. And as you’re reading, remember that you, too, deserve the gift of health.
1. Sweet Healthy Treats
Prepare something that’s both tasty and healthy, package it up on a festive plate or make it your contribution to the party. On my site you’ll find recipes for many delicious indulgences, including brownies, chocolate cake, chia pudding, chocolate covered nuts, and more. (Can you tell I have a weakness for chocolate? Just make it 70% cocoa or more, or use xylitol instead of sugar, and it qualifies as a food rather than candy. True. Oh yeah!)
Know someone who’s gluten free? Gift them with a whole book of delicious and healthy treats. This is one of my favorite cookbooks!
Everyone loves these. Use them as stocking stuffers, or as healthy fuel when you’re dashing through the snow. All flavors are gluten free, several are dairy free as well. No junk, low carb, no hydrogenated fats, balanced protein, healthy fat, real food. I will mix a case for you if you like. $2.50 each
Flavors: Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Crispy Rice with Peanuts, Chocolate with Almonds, Berry, Vanilla Almond, Peanut Butter Chocolate, CocoImmune (like a Mounds bar – really!), Spice, Coconut Almond, Goji Berry
3. Gift Certificate
Do you know someone who could use some support making changes in their lifestyle, health or nutrition? Someone who’s been bemoaning the difference between how they want to eat/look/feel and their current state? Why not give them a gift certificate for a session?
My initial consultation is two hours: the first to take a very thorough history (health, nutrition, lifestyle, sleep, emotional, family, etc) and the second to actually start doing some work and putting together a program. Clients leave their first session with a good idea of what is going on, and how to get started feeling better. The fee for my initial consultation is $300.
Or, if you really want to support someone in making significant changes, why not give them a gift certificate for my 13 Week Success Program? (pssst: maybe the person you want to support is…. YOU!)
Special Holiday Offer: Give a 13 Week Gift Certificate to someone else, buy one for yourself too, and save $150. Ask me for details.
All sessions are available locally in my office, and long-distance, via webcam or phone.
The Xiser is the best exercise I know to blast fat and maintain muscle while helping to heal your metabolism. And all you need is 3-8 one minute intervals a day, 3 days a week, to get great results. This is High Intensity Interval Training, and it helps you lose fat and build and/or retain lean muscle. I’ve been touting HIIT for many years, and it is just now starting to get a lot of press.
The really good news? The price on the Xiser has dropped from $449 to $299!
5. HIIT on a Budget
Want to do interval training with a very low investment, and no equipment? I have a great DVD for $18. Lots of fun, lots of variety, and someone to tell you, with humor and brio, exactly what to do!
6. Cell Phone Chips These are small and unobtrusive and are placed on cell phones, computers, and portable phones for protection from radiation. I strongly recommend them for everyone who carries and uses a cell phone, PDA, bluetooth device, lap top, or desk top computer. I put a couple on my car’s dashboard too.
They are $50 each and there is no charge if you want me to drop them in the mail for you. Whether you use them or not, please don’t put your cell phone next to your head (brain). Teach your kids, too.
7. Thieves Spray Another great stocking stuffer and a product I wouldn’t be without. It is ideal for use on door handles, toilet seats, and any surface that needs cleansing to protect from dust, mold, and undesirable microorganisms. I use it in the office regularly, as well as on planes, in hotel rooms, etc. This small bottle is perfect for traveling or keeping in your purse or backpack. $12
8. Valor Essential Oil Blend Valor is an empowering and beautiful blend of spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, and frankincense therapeutic grade essential oils. Designed to increase feelings of strength and courage, it is grounding and centering and my all-time favorite fragrance. $28
9. Xylitol Gum and Mints If you’re not familiar with xylitol and all its benefits, please read my article here. These are a great way to keep from snacking on all those tempting holiday treats.
Gum: $12 for 90 pieces, Mints: $9 for 90 pieces
10. Clean Healthy Water I hope you’re not still buying bottles and carrying water in plastic! A charcoal filter like a Brita is good in a pinch, but for a high quality reverse osmosis system that is a great value, try this one. And please mention that I sent you!
My wish for you in 2011 is that you experience the health, the vitality, and the changes that you’ve always dreamed of and wished for. More is possible than you think, and I would love to be your facilitator. Please let me know how I can support you in making 2011 your best year yet.